Tuesday, November 30, 2010

An easy project!

I found inspiration in August from the SU Big Idea Catalog and I finally put it all together the past couple of nights! Super excited about how it turned out! Easy, inexpensive and CuTe!

Step 1: Gather your supplies. You'll need cookie cutters (I got mine at Michaels- an 18 pack for $9.99), holiday paper (I used the Jolly Holiday double sided paper from SU), ribbon and some tombow glue.

 Step 2: Trace the cookie cutters onto the holiday paper. Then, cut the cookie cutter patterns from the paper. You'll then need to punch 2 holes on top of the cookie cutters to attach the ribbon. If you haven't encounterd the Crop-A-Dile yet you need to. It's an amazing tool! It puts circle punches of different sizes in chipboard, tin and multiple paper layers as easy as can be! Love it! You can buy it from SU! Check it out... Finally, you'll need to put the tombow glue around the edges of the paper and then put the cookie cutters on top of the glue (this is where I got a tad bit frustrated....you'd think it would be easy to match everything up perfectly- not for me! And the glue got a bit sticky but it dried clearly and quickly!). I let my cookie cutters dry overnight.
 Step 3: Tie ribbons onto the tops of each cookie cutter and then put them on whatever type of decorative item you might have in your house. For me, I have a curtain rod that I typically hang up the girls art work on in our kitchen so this worked out perfectly for the project.

Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. You are killing me with all these cute and fun projects. Sigh... :)I saw this one while in Spokane, and loved it. I think I might have to break down and do this one too. :)

    ReplyDelete